The creation of the cast stone Longmeadow Garden Fountain begins and ends by hand. From the creation of an original design, making of a mold, pouring the cast stone and application of the patina. The fountain is produced in natural cast stone. Unless requested in natural color, the fountain is finished in one of unique patinas (colors). All patinas are applied by hand in a multi-step process. The finishing techniques make every piece a uniquely beautiful original. Pictured in Terra Vecchia (no longer available).
The patinas do not prevent the natural aging process. Any cast stone item with a patina finish will therefore weather naturally in an outdoor environment. Actual colors may vary from those depicted at the pictures.
NOTE: This product includes special ordering instructions. Please read the 'Special Ordering Instructions' section above before placing an order.
- Made of cast stone
- Hand applied patina
- Stunning water feature
- Relaxing atmosphere
- Available in different colors
- Recirculating electric pump
- Everything needed to install unit
- 36"H x 24"D
- Weight: 217 lbs. (Lift Gate suggested)
- Usage: Outdoor
- Material: Cast Stone
- Ships: Common Carrier
- Natural - natural cast stone
- Greenstone - a classic gray patina which simulates the look of aged stone
- Alpine Stone - a rich slate color inspired by stone found in the foothills of Italian Alps
- Verde - a subtle mossy green
- Aged Limestone - an antiqued brown with mossy green highlights
- Brownstone - a warm chocolate brown
Fountain bowls/tops and other fountain components, which collect water, should not be left outside in the winter since any component, which fills with water and freezes may crack. Likewise components such as pedestals, which remain in a basin, filled with water, which then freezes, may also crack or crumble. Ideally, therefore, a fountain should always be stored indoors or in a dry protected place such as a covered porch away from the elements. However, if a fountain must be left outside:
- Remove pump, rubber stoppers, drainpipes, finials, and other small components for storage indoors. Note that stoppers or drainpipes are removed to allow drainage in the event water accumulates in any basin.
- Raise fountain base from ground with wood strips so that base will not freeze to the ground surface.
- Cover or wrap the fountain with burlap or other absorbent material (old blanket or towel) and then cover securely with plastic, making sure that water will not accumulate in the basin or other fountain component and freeze.
- Check fountain periodically to insure that plastic is secure and water is not accumulating in any fountain component.